Well ....that was the question this week. Very unexpected but something we had to decide before we got literally buried in dishes!!
Yes-- we are talking about our dishwasher ( it Passed away-died-went Kaput) on Tuesday, and I began to wash and wash as much as I could to try and keep up but I just couldn't keep up with all the dirty dishes these these kids put out an hour.
I remember I used to wash my Grandmother Bonner's dishes when I went and stayed with her and really enjoyed it even though her hot water was scalding hot. But with this weeks experience of washing dishes I just wasn't feeling that reminiscing warm and fuzzie's with doing it for my family of six! Actually I saw no end of the process kinda like the laundry! It's amazing how we depend on these appliances to get through a day.
SO Wednesday afternoon I needed to quickly decide over the phone while Carle was at the Maytag store opening up and closing dishwashers and checking out what the latest and greatest was. I tried to go on the Internet and look up model numbers of the ones he was talking about hoping to be able to get a glimpse of what they looked like and how the racks were planned, but never could find a photo. I'm sure you women know how it is important to have the racks that work with the dishes you have and how you cook. I got nowhere! SO I had to give it up and just trust my husband to buy which ever model he thought would work best. He did great just as I anticipated he would. He purchased a Kitchen Aid brand stainless steel brand that was stainless on the inside as well (very posh) and three washing drawers. We decided on going with stainless because when my 100 year old fridge does dies, and it will soon it's on it's last legs, I want a French Door Model fridge and they only come in stainless steel.
So now we have a stainless steel dishwasher and the rest of the appliances (microwave, gas stove and fridge) are all almond! Hmmmm.....Slowly doing the turn over. Let's hope I can keep the stainless clean. I hear they are hard to keep clean I know that black is as well.
Fashion Friday: Edition this is the last one I’ll post here
-
In case you missed it last week, I’ve started a new thing over on Substack.
From here on out, that is where I’ll be posting the podcast show notes and
Fash...
10 months ago







5 comments:
Looks great! Now if all of the other appliances would give up the ghost. :)
Way to go Carle!
And lets hope it happens on a three day holiday again so I can take advantage of the sales! Gods timing I'm sure! It's the last thing we need to buy right with school starting!
Beautiful!
Great job, Carle! Looks like you have an awesome kitchen.
Hey, I noticed on your "bookshelf" the book I suggested (Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime). Did you read it?
Chris
No I haven't read your book yet! But I put it there bacause you recommended it to me and I'm definintly going to read it as soon as I get it. Haven't gottent to the library yet. but hopfully this weekend I'll have a chance to get it.
Post a Comment