What a amazing day Saturday was! Carle and I had the opportunity to go Celebrate our 19th Anniversary without kids for nearly the entire day on Saturday! We had tickets for the Steven Curtis Chapman and Michel W. Smith Concert at the Puyallup Fair. How amazing to have these two amazing Christian artist at the same event together!!! I was so excited! It is so obvious that they are spirit filled men and can really move an audience.
We were very excited to here that our good friends Scott, Teresa and and their daughter Gabby had tickets to the concert and we were really hoping to try and meet up with them even though we didn't have seats together, I hoped to see them before the concert started.
Here they are getting settled in their seat! The man next to me asked after I took this picture if we wanted to sit together that they would trade seats with them if they were okay with that! What a nice couple to offer! We took them up on it.
Here we are now all sitting together at the concert!!!
Chapman started off the concert. First of all I was already emotional for even having this great opportunity to go see this dual concert. (we rarely go to concerts) and then I'm sure there wasn't anyone there that didn't have empathy for his recently loss of his five year old daughter Maria this last May. Very tragic. In addition to all this, just hearing those songs just moves you! (Teresa thanks for bringing the supply of Kleenex!)
Because, I was blubbering most of the time thru his songs. It was ugly, good thing it was dark. What I most admire of Chapman is how brave and honorable he is, it is clear that he gets his strength from our Father in heaven!
He had a long introduction for his very popular song "Dancing with Cinderella" He admitted that he thought that after May 21st, he would never be able to sing this song ever again. He shared that even though he has a million questions, that he, with out doubt, believes with all his heart that our Heavenly Father had fullfilled his daughters Maria's life here on earth. He went on to say how he knows that he will dance with her again in heaven. Then he proceeded to sing "Dancing with Cinderella." You just could tell it must of been so difficult him and it took so much faith and courage to get thru that song! WOW Michale W. Smith was amazing as always! His songs are so moving!
He mentioned that he had a "Revelation from God" the other day and said that what that was, was really just a ...
"God Download".
SO fun! Love that!
It was such a great evening!! What a treat! I could of sat there all night listening to them sing!
Keep your speekers on...Hope you've enjoyed listening to "Dancing with Cinderella" If you stick around the next song on my play list is a Michele W. Smith song "Here I am to Worship" This one was played last night and It sounded so awesome with everyone in the audience joining in!







3 comments:
WOW! All I can say is WOW! Wonderful read! Thanks so much.
Sounds like a blast! Congrats on 19 years!!! That's awesome!
It was so much fun to get to enjoy it with you and I'll share my kleenex any time. :)
Great summary of what Steven shared too!
Post a Comment